Most Amish folks prefer to go the natural route when it comes to health. They make sure to learn how to use herbal and home remedies to cure or help most conditions. The Black Healing Salve is a natural home remedy that the Amish have been using for years to cure their skin problems. It is a good agent for pulling toxic and foreign elements out of the skin. It is also called Healing Smear and Hilla Schemer among the Amish.
Here are some skin conditions that the Black Healing Salve is good for.
- Get rid of moles and warts.
- Treat skin issues such as rashes and burns.
- Removal of stubborn acne spots.
- Get rid of boils.
- Drawing out venom from some spider bites.
- Healing basic or minor wounds.
- Pulling out foreign objects like splinters from wood or metal, glass shards and thorns.
The Black Healing Salve is an ointment that is made of multiple ingredients. There are variations to the recipe. But the main and active ingredient is Activated Charcoal. Continue to next page below for the recipe.