Cleaning can actually be easy and fun when you know a few tricks. Back in the days, our grandmothers used household products and things from their pantries for cleaning. They got the cleaning tasks properly done and with hardly any toxic chemicals. And the big advantage is that their cleaning practices included a few shortcuts here and there.
Related Article: 12 Grandpa Cleaning Hacks That Will Make You Look Like A Genius!
Here are 42 cleaning hacks that will make your cleaning projects way easier.
Using Lemon As A Cleaner
1. Use lemon peel to eliminate bad odour from your garbage disposal.
2. Clean wooden cutting boards and wooden utensils with a half of a lemon.
3. Scour knives with lemon to remove rust marks.
4. Remove stains and unpleasant odours from plastic containers with lemon juice.
5. Scrub copper and brass utensils and household items to make them shiny.
6. Clean your shower with lemon juice and a brush.
7. Disinfect counter tops with lemon juice.
Using Baking Soda As A Cleaner
8. Use baking soda to assist in unclogging a drain.
9. Keep dirty laundry smelling fresh by sprinkling them with baking soda.
10. Use baking soda to wash your fresh produce before using them.
11. Add baking soda to your kitty litter box to keep down bad smell.
12. Soak your barbecue grill in baking soda and hot water to get rid of grease.
13. Keep rugs and carpets fresh by suing baking soda as cleaning powder. Sprinkle the soda, then vacuum after a few minutes.
14. Use baking soda to deep clean greasy kitchenware.
Using Vinegar As A Cleaner
15. Use a vinegar base solution to remove carpet stain.
16. Spritz weed around your yard with vinegar to eliminate them.
17. Put a couple drops of vinegar in your cat’s litter box to get rid of odours.
18. If your use a loofah for bathing, soak it in vinegar to prevent the build up of bacteria.
19. Vinegar can also be used to get rid of bacteria in food.
20. Get your shower and basin looking sparkly with a vinegar base bathroom cleaner.
21. Use vinegar to get rid of nasty stains in your toilet bowl.
22. Also, vinegar is the one of the best products to get your shower head clean.
Using Rubbing Alcohol As A Cleaner
23. Use rubbing alcohol to remove ink and marker stains from your leather sofa.
24. Sanitize your tech devices and gadgets with rubbing alcohol.
25. Scrub your kitchen sink with rubbing alcohol to get rid of germs and for a sparkly look.
26. Get windows and mirrors squeaky by spritzing with alcohol and then rubbing them dry.
27. Soak sponge, kitchen towels and wash cloths with rubbing alcohol to get rid of bacteria and grease.
28. Rubbing alcohol can be used to remove permanent marker stains from your dry erase board.
29. Make your own homemade hand sanitizer with rubbing alcohol.
Using Onion As A Cleaner
30. Scour your grills with half of an onion to remove food particles and grease.
31. Get your mirrors clean and sparkly by using onions to scrub them.
32. Get rid of raw meat smells on your knives by cleaning them with onions.
33. Use onions to scour your pots and pants to get them looking shiny.
34. Combine juice with water to get combat the unpleasant smell of a freshly painted room.
35. Make your own window cleaner with onion juice and water.
Using Salt As A Cleaner
36. Use salt for cleaning drains and degreasing them.
37. Use a salt base laundry soap to get your clothes clean and fresh.
38. Get rid of scum in your bathroom by scouring with salt.
39. Clean wooden cutting boards and wooden utensils with salt to get rid of bacteria and rawness.
40. Use salt to scour your plastic containers to get rid of grease.
41. Get rid of stubborn perspiration stains in your clothes by soaking in a solution of salt and hot water.
42. Use salt to erase white stains on your wooden homeware and furniture.